Anila Kethe Ph.D.,
U.S. Patent Agent (Limited Recognition) & Scientific Advisor
Dr. Kethe is a Scientific Advisor and U.S. Patent Agent with Limited recognition at our firm. She works with our Attorneys on Patent Prosecution and Opinion work. Her graduate studies were in the field of Synthetic and Physical Organic Chemistry at Northern Illinois University. As a part of her dissertation, she worked with Superacids towards the synthesis of different heterocyclic compounds; studied the mechanistic aspects of Protolytic defluorination of Trifluromethyl arenes and Ring Closing and Opening Reactions leading to Polycyclic Aromatic compounds. Her work was published in peer reviewed journals and presented at International conferences. Later, she worked for a Generic Pharmaceutical firm in their Portfolio and IP department selecting ANDA products for US market.
Specialty Areas: Life Sciences with expertise in Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Formulations, APIs, Biotechnology.
Education: Bachelor's in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osmania University (2006), M.S and Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Northern Illinois University (2012).
Prior Work Experience: Chemist, In-house IP and Portfolio Associate
(1) Kennedy, S.; Kethe, A.; Qarah, A.; Klumpp, D. A. “Superacid-Promoted Synthesis of Indolizidine Derivatives,” Tetrahedron Letters, 2018, 59, 1932-1935.
(2) Kethe, A.; Naredla, R. R.; Klumpp, D. A. “Superacid-Promoted Cyclodehydration Leading to the Imidazo[2,1-a]isoquinoline Ring System,” Helvetica Chimica Acta, 2013, 8, 1457-1461.
(3) Kethe, A.; Li, A.; Klumpp, D. A. “Ring Closing and Opening Reactions Leading to Aza-Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds,” Tetrahedron, 2012, 16, 3357-3360.
(4) Kethe, A.; Tracy, A. F.; Klumpp, D. A. “Protolytic Defluorination of Trifluoromethyl Groups,” Org. Biomol. Chem. 2011, 9, 4545-4549.
(5) Kethe, A.; Tracy, A.F.; Klumpp, D.A. “Superacid-catalyzed Electrocyclizations of Unsaturarated N-acyliminium ions.” - 243rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Diego, California, 2012.
Registrations: Registered to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Limited recognition under 37 C.F.R. 11.9(b), 2017), Registered to practice before Indian Patent Office (2015)
Languages: Hindi, Telugu